Information in English about services related to housing from the municipality of Stavanger.

Building matters

Do you have to apply for or give notification of building work you wish to carry out?
Certain types of building projects require you to apply to or obtain permission from the municipal authorities. See the planning and building act, chap. XVI, section 93, (plan - og bygningsloven) or the National Office of Building Technology and Administration (Statens bygningstekniske etat) andwww.byggsok.no for more information or contact our service centre. You will find all the required forms on our website.

Property information
Information about a particular property, including its size and living area, property taxes, owner history, registered property number (gårds- og bruksnummer) etc., is available from our service centre.
Call 51 50 70 90 or visit us at Olav Kyrres gate 23.

Site plan
You can order a site plan (situasjonskart, tidligere byggekart) from the service centre by filling out this form and deliver it either in person at the service centre or by email to servicetorget@stavanger.kommune.no

Financial support to buy a home
Housing allowances, start-up loans and housing subsidies are financial support schemes intended to help more people to purchase a good home. Application forms can be downloaded from our website or obtained from our service centre, tel. 51 50 70 90. Further information is available in English on the Norwegian State Housing Bank's website (Husbanken).

Stavanger kommune, Øvre Kleivegate 15, postboks 8001, 4068 Stavanger,
Org.nr: 964 965 226

Tlf: +47 51 50 70 90

Ansvarlig redaktør: Kommunikasjonssjef Marianne Jørgensen

Nettredaktør: Tone Gaard
Nyhetsredaktør: Thomas Bore Olsen