Free bus card for students in Stavanger
Information in other languages
Who can apply for a free bus card ?
The municipality of Stavanger will pay for a free bus card for one year if:
- you are a full-time student (30 credits per semester) beginning with the new academic year in August
- you have paid your semester fee and completed your registration for the semester
- you notify the National Registry that you have moved to the municipality of Stavanger no later than 1 October.
Exchange students, or other students who are here for only one semester, do not receive this offer.
How to apply ?
You have to use the online application form to apply for a free bus card. Remember to upload the required documentation
- confirmation from the National Registry that you have moved to Stavanger municipality
- proof that you have paid your semester fee in full
- confirmation that you are a full-time student
To change the language from Norwegian to English in the application form use the following steps:
- Choose "English" on the right side of the form.
- Click "Directly to form".
- Fill in the form.
When will I receive an answer?
You will receive an answer when the municipality have evaluated your application, normally this can take up to 14 days.
Have you have already bought periodic tickets from Kolumbus before you were granted free bus card? Contact Kolumbus to get a refund.
How to activate your ticket
When you have been granted your free bus card, you will receive a text fram Kolumbus with a link to your ticket. You will have to download the Kolumbus app
Remember to register your telephone number in the app.
What type of ticket do you get?
My ticket does not work
- Have you deleted the app or got new phone? The ticket is connected to the Kolumbus app, not to the phone number. In order to recover the app you have to either use the telephone number or the app ID.