Job applications for City of Stavanger
The City of Stavanger is one of the region's largest employers with approximately 9000 personnel in many fields. Positions include teaching and preschool, health care, welfare and recreation for all ages, managerial and administrative functions, as well as technical working fields.
With such a huge variety of work to be done City of Stavanger can offer meaningful careers in many disciplines offering both personal and professional development. We are always striving to improve and diversify the working environment and encourage all eligible candidates to apply regardless of age, gender, disability or ethnicity.
Requirements for international applicants
International applicants are required to meet the following general standards:
- Proficiency in written and spoken Norwegian
- For front-line positions in education and health care which involve personal interaction, you must document language skills equivalent to B1
- For other positions you must document language skills equivalent to A1-A2
- Applications should be written in Norwegian
- Certificates and references should be translated into Norwegian
- A valid residence permit is required before you can work in Norway, see the Directorate of Immigration website at www.udi.no
- For positions requiring certification or authorisation you should attach authorised copies of your certificates
- To obtain Norwegian recognition of a qualification from an overseas college, university or vocational school you should go through the NOKUT system, see www.nokut.no
- For health personnel the authorisation and licensing process is handled by the Norwegian Registration Authority for Health Personnel at www.sak.no.
We kindly ask that you send your application through our electronic Job Application tool, Webcruiter. You will have access to this application tool when you click on the job posting.