- Stavanger planned to host the Michelin Guide Nordic Countries Star Revelation in February 2021, but it's postponed due to covid-19.
- The event brings together the best restaurants in the Nordics at an awards ceremony where the new Michelin restaurants will be announced.
- In addition to the awards ceremony at the Stavanger Concert Hall, there are several sub-events in the region.
Michelin Guide Nordic Countries 2021 in Stavanger
Without good raw materials there will also be no good food. Stavanger, which is both a big city and a large agricultural and aquaculture municipality, now has several exciting new opportunities to develop collaboration between producers and restaurants, thus creating stronger effects for the entire food industry.
The mayor is thrilled
Mayor of Stavanger, Kari Nessa Nordtun, is looking forward.
- We are already very much a food municipality, and such an event contributes to even greater interest and pride in the ingredients, the restaurants, chefs and waiters that we have in our region. The Nordic Michelin Star Revelation is a great way to draw attention to what we have already achieved, e.g. our two Michelin restaurants, but also inspire others to go further and build the "chefs team" in the City. It will also mean a lot to us in terms of tourism, and the international interest that focuses on our region, says Nessa Nordtun.
Four days with food on the agenda
The celebration is spread over four days and will include a number of sub-events.
The Michelin Star Revetaion will take place on Monday, February 8, but the weekend before will also be filled with food events:
Friday, 5 February, there will be the Tine MatCup (food competition) and Det Norske Måltid (The Norwegian Meal). Friday 5 and Saturday 6 February there will be the Asko Serving Norgescup competition, while a dinner will be held at the Concert Hall Sunday 7 February.
- By showing the best of raw materials and expertise, as well as good students and apprentices, participating in Tine MatCup and Asko Serving Norgescup, we illustrate that we are a food region, says county mayor Marianne Chesak. At the same time, we also show that this industry is important for economic growth both now and in the future. Star chefs are at the top of the pyramid, but they depend on expertise throughout the value chain, she says.
The Michelin Star Revelation will be held in Stavanger Concert Hall Monday 8 February 2021. Organisors for the event are the City of Stavanger, Rogaland County Authority, Region Stavanger and Stavanger Concert Hall.