17th of May is not cancelled! Constitution day will be celebrated with as much dignity and as broadly as feasible within current guidelines and restrictions.
- The May 17 committee in Stavanger has decided to cancel the traditional national day parade, based on corona pandemic restrictions.
- But Stavanger's citizens can still be involved in the celebration, safely in accordance with current health guidelines and restrictions.
May 17 in Stavanger
Information in other languages
May 17th and corona virus
- We encourage everyone to get their bunad and their formal attire ready! Enjoy good food, sing songs and let the children eat as much ice cream and as many hot dogs as they can manage says head of the 17th of may committee, Ann Sesile Tekfeldt.
In collaboration with local media organisations some alternative celebrations will be organized, the greater part of which will be digital.
The committee will ensure that Stavanger's citizens can be involved, safely in accordance with current health guidelines and restrictions.
For the purpose of infection protection, public gatherings are not desirable. School events are canceled. Most activities can be followed on the municipality's social media and on the local media's websites.
- Presentation of the wreath at Eiganes cemetary. The Stavanger 1919 band will participate.
- Presentation of the wreath at Hetland cemetary. IMI Brass will participate.
- Presentation of the wreath at the Freedom Monument in Mosvannsparken. Jernbanen brass band will participate.
- Presentation of the wreath at Revheim cemetary.
Raising of the flag and speech in the staircase by city hall in Stavanger city center.
The marching bands will be playing in the school districts during the day.