Election 2019 - Finnøy, Rennesøy og Stavanger
- In the municipal and county council elections of 2019 new representatives for the Municipal Council and the County Council are elected.
- The 2019 Election will be the first municipal council election in Nye Stavanger municipality.
- Advance voting will be available from Monday 12th august, 2019. Voters will be able to submit votes from any other municipality in Norway regardless of your current National Registry municipality entry.
- The official election day is monday september 9th 2019. There will be one voting station open for each municipal district to those who would like to vote on a Sunday.
- On the official election day and the day before (september 8th and 9th) you can only submit your vote in your own municipality written on your polling card or the municipality stated in your National Registry entry.
Information in other languages
Who is entitled to vote?
- Norwegian citizens who will turn 18 years of age before the end of 2019 and who are, or have ever been, registered in the National Registry as resident in Norway.
- Citizens of another Nordic country (i.e. Denmark, Iceland, Finland or Sweden) who will turn 18 years of age before the end of 2019 and who are registered in the National Registry as resident in Norway at the latest on 30 June 2019.
- People who are not Norwegian citizens who will turn 18 years of age before the end of 2019 and who have been registered in the National Registry as resident in Norway for the last three years prior to election day.
Employees of the diplomatic or consular services, and their households, have the right to vote irrespective of whether they have been registered in the National Registry as resident in Norway or not. They do not need to apply for entry in the electoral register.
Voters must be entered in the electoral register in a municipality on election day in order to exercise their right to vote.
Where and when can you vote?
Advance votes can be cast in any municipality in the country.
In Nye Stavanger you can vote in advance from 12 August to 6 September here:
Polling station at Torget i Stavanger:
- Monday – Friday: 10 - 18
- Saturday: 10 – 15
Rennesøy Council House and Finnøy Council House:
- Monday – Friday: 08.30 – 15.00
- Thursday 5. Sep: 08.30 – 18.00
Polling station in the districts from 22 August to 6 Sep at Siddishallen/DNB Arena, Hillevåg squares, at Hundvågkrossen, by Johannes læringssenter and at Tastasenteret:
- Mondag – Friday: 10 – 18
- Saturday: 10 – 17
Voting at home
If you are ill or disabled, you can apply for voting from home.
You must apply by 3 September, 2019. Send an email to email@example.com or phone 51 50 75 62 / 971 45 845.
On election day, you must vote in the municipality in which you were registered as resident on 30 June 2019.
You can vote here:
|Ward||Polling station||Opening hours Sunday September 8.||Opening hours Monday September 9.|
|Buøy og Hundvåg||Hundvåghallen, Austbøsvingen 54||15-20||10-21|
|Varden||Varden kirke, Egersundsgate 11||10-21|
|Storhaug||Bergeland vgs, Vaisenhusgata 50||15-20||10-21|
|Våland||Våland skole, Schives gate 21||10-21|
|Ullandhaug||Ullandhaug skole, Hjalmar Johansens gate 13||10-21|
|Eiganes||Kommunens administrasjonsbygg, Olav Kyrres gate 23||15-20||10-21|
|Kampen||Kampen skole, Kampens gate 33||10-21|
|Roaldsøy||Roaldsøy skole, Nordvikveien 23||10-21|
|Vassøy||Vassøystua, Sørstrandveien 40A||10-21|
|Gausel||Gautesetehallen, Heddeveien 145||15-20||10-21|
|Hinna||Hinna skole, Ordfører Tveteraas gate 11||10-21|
|Vaulen||Kristianslyst skole, Skolevollen 17||10-21|
|Kvaleberg||Hillevåg kirke, Veumveien 55||15-20||10-21|
|Tjensvoll||Tjensvoll kirke, Tellusveien 43||10-21|
|Stokka||Stokka kirke, Chr. Skredsvigs vei 23||10-21|
|Madlamark||Madla bydelshus, Åsta Kongsmors gate 20||15-20||10-21|
|Hafrsfjord||Hafrsfjord skole, Madlasandnes 11||10-21|
|Kvernevik||Kvernevikhallen, Heiloveien 9||10-21|
|Sunde||Sunde skole, Sundeveien 10||10-21|
|Indre Tasta||Tastahallen, Fredtunveien 10||10-21|
|Ytre Tasta||Vardenes skole, Gamle Dusavikveien 4||15-20||10-21|
|Rennesøy||Rennesøy kommunehus, Vikevåg, Asalveien 6||15-20||10-21|
|Finnøy||Finnøy rådhus, Judabergveien 6||15-18||10-19|
|Fogn||Fogn oppvekstsenter, 4164 Fogn||13-18|
|Halsnøy||Halsnøy barnehage, 4182 Halsnøy||13-18|
|Ombo||Ombo oppvekstsenter, Eidssund, 4187 Ombo||13-18|
|Sjernarøy||Sjernarøy oppvekstsenter, Aubø, 4170 Sjernarøy||13-18|
|Nord-Hidle||Øytun, 4173 Nord-Hidle||13-17|
How to vote
Information brochures in different languages
Information brochures are available in Arabic, Filipino, Persian/Farsi, Russian, Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian, Somalian, Turkish, Urdu and Vietnamese.
Remember to bring ID when you vote
As a minimum, the identification must contain your name, date of birth and a photo. Examples of valid identification include a passport, driving licence or bank card with your photo.
You do not need to bring your polling card with you, but it may save you time. The polling card does not count as identification.