- Do you think you might have Covid-19? Please isolate yourself from other people and call 51 91 40 30 to book a corona test.
- The phone is open 08.30-15.00 on weekdays and 10.00-14.00 Saturdays and Sundays.
- If you have a norwegian citizenship and want to book a test for yourself and children under 16 yrs of age you can book online helsenorge.no
- When you book you will be told where to go for the test.
Information about corona virus
Information in other languages
What happens after I take the test?
After taking the test you must stay in home quarantine until the the results are ready. Your testresults will be ready in 1-3 days.
If your test is negative (no coronavirus), you can return to work og school with mild symptoms once you have a normal temperature and feel healthy.
Please comply with current quarantine and isolation regulations.
What happens if I test positive (have Covid-19)?
If your test confirms Covid-19 disease, the helthcare service will contact you. You will have to isolate at home, and the health care service will start tracking possible transmission of covid-19 among your close contacts.
If you are in need of medical care, please contact your GP.
If you are a tourist/visiter and don`t have a GP or need urgent care, please contact the Emergency Room, 116 117.
Information at helsenorge.no
Preventing transmission is the most important step to slow down the infection rate and avoid widespread illness. With fewer people in need of medical care at the same point of time, our health and care services will be better able to care for those in need. We can all help to prevent transmission - Thank you for contributing!
Read more: helsenorge.no/coronavirus
How do you prevent infection?
The coronavirus spreads mainly from person to person and though droplet transmission.
How to prevent infection:
- Wash hands frequently and thorougly with soap and lukewarm water.
- Sanitize your hands with an alcohol-based disinfectant if soap and water is not available.
- Keep a distance of at least 1 meter to others.
- Be on the alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath or other symptoms of Covid-19.
- If you are sick with Covid-19 or think you might have Covid-19, isolate yourself from other people.
Are you moving to Stavanger to study?
Are you visiting Stavanger?
Tourists and other visitors who do not have a GP in Stavanger are required to call the the corona telephone 51 91 40 30 to book a corona test. If you feel ill/have Covid-19 symptoms and need a medical examination, please call 116 117 (the Emergency Room). It is important that you call first and don`t just show up in order to prevent the spread of the disease.
Symptoms of the disease are respiratory infection (fever, cough, chest pain or difficulty breathing).
Not sure if you can enter Norway? Please check Norwegian Directorate of Immigration's website for the latest information about travelling to Norway.
It is important that you read the information from the Norwegian authorities to foreign traverlers before visiting Norway.
Information for residents of Stavanger
Are you expecting visitors from abroad?
Welcoming guests from abroad is different this year. In order to keep your guests, yourself, and your local community safe, it is important that the visit does not lead to the spread of infection.
Health information phone
If you have questions about the new corona virus and cannot find answers on FHI's website, you can call the Directorate of Health's information phone 815 55 015.