Waste handling in Stavanger
Information in other languages
Find your bin collection day
You can find the collection day for your address, by searching with your whole address or part of your address.
How to order bags for organic waste
Bin collection app
Do you have a smart phone and want to be reminded which bin is being collected? Download our app Stavanger tømmekalender (Stavanger bin collection calendar):
- Android: Tømmekalender i Google Play Store
- Iphone: New version for iPhone and other Apple products will be available shortly.
Most houses in Stavanger have four waste containers:
- Green bin for paper. Collected every four weeks.
- Brown bin for organic waste. Collected every second week.
- Red bin for hazardous waste, like all kind of batteries and electronic waste, paint, oil etc. You book collection at collectmywaste.no.
- Black bin for other waste, including plastic. Collected every second week. Do not put any waste containing batteries, or any other hazardious waste, in the black bin!
We offer a fourth bin for glass and metal packaging if you prefer this over the public recycling stations in the area. This bin is free of cost. You need to place a booking to get this bin, it will not be delivered to all households automatically.
When the bin for glass waste is full you book the pick-up on collectmywaste.no.
Recycling and how to sort your waste
Please visit sortere.no (in Norwegian) for more information about the sorting of waste.
Other waste you might have
Bulky waste, glass packaging, garden waste, hazardous waste and clothing can be picked up from outside your house. Read more and make your booking at collectmywaste.no (hentavfall.no).
You can also place your sorted waste at IVAR recycling center at Forus.
Replace damaged bin
Replace damaged bin here (in Norwegian).
- Visiting address:
Resident services Olav Kyrres gate 23 4005 Stavanger
- 51 50 70 90